Pages

Thursday 18 April 2013

My much loved chocolate fudge brownies

They worked, they actually worked!! I have conquered my new oven. I am one very happy baking bunny right now. 

Ok, so not quite how I meant it but this picture was just so cute that I had to include it.

The brownies finally came out cooked! Up until now we have been eating them with a spoon as they have refused to firm up on the inside before they started to burn on the crusty outside. A number of factors had been causing this problem but since eliminating the silicon tray liner, and adjusting the oven temperature up slightly, it seems I am on to a winner.

In an ideal world they could have perhaps done with 3 or 4 more minutes in the oven. Unfortunately I was caught off guard when the oven timer started beeping while I was midway through another important task, which left me having to judge their "readiness" on a quick glance, and a shake of the pan by my husband to make sure they weren't still fluid underneath the crust.

They are the perfect combination of a light crust on the outside and a moist, gooey centre.

I had to stay out all morning today just to be able to resist them. I warned my husband that if I went home then there wouldn't be any left for him when he came home from work!

Tonight I shall be baking an old classic - strawberry yoghurt cake. It is much loved amongst my family and friends. My sister is coming over for the morning tomorrow so we need something yummy to have with a nice cup of tea.


No comments:

Post a Comment